Sunday, July 27, 2008

If you dont have anything nice to say

So I have been in such a crappy mood this past week, its common knowledge. Men are dumb, and are irritating and tend to make me pissy. We are told in our child development classes that if you have to tell a parent something negative about their child, you must preface it with something positive, so the person doesnt feel attacked. Well, someone should teach my husband that, since almost every day this week, he came home from work and greeted me with something negative or critical. Damn, dont bother to notice I cleaned the bathroom, or that I cut my hair, or anything productive I did. But please make sure you tell me where my laundry basket should/shouldnt be or not to put loose trash in the trash can, or to make sure I dont lose the letter he threw in the doorway (so he doesnt forget to mail it) I might just be a bit sensitive, but this went on most of the week. Lets just chalk it up to bad day at work.

But we ended up having a great weekend. Started off Friday night, we went to Buca Di Beppo for dinner and "shared" a bottle of wine (meaning hubby had 1 1/2 glasses and I had the rest of the bottle)

Saturday we took the nephews to Sea World, which was fun, exhausting, and brought back great memories of our wedding day (we got married at Sea World almost 2 years ago) (for a bit of privacy nephew #1 is Beeps, Nephew #2 is ADA) So Beeps is recovering from some extensive surgery, and cant walk well, so it made our pace slow and steady. ADA is a ball of energy, cant stand still for a minute, is bored easily. So 2 very different personalities, at a theme park, in the peak tourist season. Very challenging, yet so rewarding. We watched two shows, rode Wild Arctic, petted stingrays. We didnt get to ride any of the other rides, mainly because the lines were crazy long (still a 60 minute wait at 7 at night!!) but I just love being around them. They are so much fun, and I like when hubby hangs out with them too. He hasnt been exposed to kids much, so this is like training for him. Then we went to Fuddruckers for dinner. Now I can write a book of quotes the boys say when we are together. They are so smart, and learning how to be sarcastic (just like their auntie). Here is a gem.

We started talking about Obama. I asked them if they could vote, who would they vote for. ADA (who is 6) says O-rock Obama, and Beeps (who is 8) says McCain. I asked why McCain, and he says "Because he doesnt have alot of people voting for him and I feel bad" LOL!! Hes so loving and sensitive!

Today we saw the Dark Knight. Pretty good movie, Heath Ledger was amazing. I had some short ribs in the crock pot waiting for dinner. I wish I could get things right. The taste just wasnt where I wanted it to be, and they didnt just fall off the bone like they were supposed to. Things like this make me feel like a failure as a wife.....

Okay, this turned into a novel. Time for bed!

2 comments:

The Boss of this page said...

I love your nephew's nick names but even more their rationality for voting. Paul's neice voted for Obama in a fake vote because he promised medical benies for the troops and he has good slogans in his commercials. :)
And for what it's worth, my DH had a bum week last week too, so maybe it was just a phase of the moon. ???

Robbyn said...

Your nephews are so lucky to have such a cool auntie!

I was taught the same thing about leading with positives when giving performance reviews. Guess it's a tactic that works (almost)universally. Hope this week's going better!