Saturday, August 23, 2008

Randomness and Nascar

Yep, the page is down again. Not that I have been posting much lately, I have had alot on my plate. But I still read, and catch up with my Threats. But when its down, i feel so frustrated. But I digress.....

I worked 5 days this week. FIVE days. I havent done that in over 3 months. It really took its toll on my body, my mental health, my emotional health. Im exhausted, to say the least. Working full time is for the birds, haha. I know people have to do it, and I am blessed to not have to. I was doing a good deed, and you know what, it wont happen again. It was just bad timing. Nobody's fault. Just unfortunate circumstances. Onward and upward.

I start school on Monday. Like physically having to go to school. Im taking another online course, and one class that I have on campus. I wonder if I will be the oldest person in my class. Its okay if I am, just makes me more proud of my desire to go back and get that degree. I will have one before I turn 40, mark my words.

I dont have anything really interesting to write about at this time. I mean, I do, but I choose not to talk about it right now, for a variety of reasons. In reality, Im just a tired girl, wanting alot of sleep, and maybe a massage.

But just in case you didnt know, next week, Im going racing friends!! Its my race weekend at the Auto Club Speedway (formerly the California Speedway) I will be braving 100 degree weather, for the opportunity to stalk some of my favorite people in the world (Jeff Gordon) Im a dedicated fan. Im also insane, but thats neither here, nor there. I live for this weekend. I get this sense of excitement, almost like I am high! This is my happy place, where I feel complete. All of my senses are alerted, the sights, the smells, the sounds......I cant explain it. While Nascar isnt for everyone, I invite you all to attend a race in person (tv doesnt do it justice) and maybe you can begin to understand how I feel. This week will drag on, til Friday, then the weekend will fly right by. And I will not have this feeling again until next February......sad.....

here are some examples of why my weekend will rock
Photobucket

Here is me and Kurt Busch. This was on his personal website. Im a celebrity!!

Photobucket
Here is Brian Vickers, my babies daddy, looking right at me. Yum

Photobucket
The great one....Jeff Gordon. Yep, I was that close to his car, with him inside.

I have a million of these.....but I wont bore you anymore......

3 comments:

The Boss of this page said...

you and nascar. you crack me up! sorry school took so much out of you. maybe all of the excitement next week will make the week flyyyy by so the weekend will be here quicker. here's to hoping you get some more good stalker pictures!

Sandra said...

I've never been to a Nascar race but I've been to a superbike race (Twice, actually), and have been to Formula 1 practice in SA a few years back, and also went to the F1 Grand Masters race they had in South Africa about 2 years ago. And you're right, TV doesn't do it justice!

Robbyn said...

You know, I grew up in NC where saying NASCAR is BIG is the understatement of the century, but I don't think I've ever met anyone who could match your dedication. Hope you have a fantastic time this weekend!

And I also think full-time is for the birds. I just worked a few hours today and I was like, I'm tired, I want to go home. So I did! Got to ease myself back into this working outside the house thing.