Saturday, September 13, 2008

Everything makes me sick.....

and I dont mean physically sick. I just hate how some people in this world just make me sick. I cant just look at certain people, and I feel sick inside. If only people could see what I see, they would understand.

My work had a party yesterday. It was the 12th anniversary of our opening. Each year the party gets a bit more contrived. Its just sad that you can be lacking in basic needs (backed up sink, lightbulbs burnt out, toilet seat that doesnt stay on the toilet) or you can have staff that lack motivation due to lack of appreciation at this place of business. That is easy stuff to take care of. Just a little time and effort on the part of administrative figures. But while they cant take the time to fix the existing problems, they throw themselves 150% into making this party a success. Who cares that your staff is cursing the ground you walk on, and most of us pee on the floor because the light bulb in the staff bathroom is burnt out because you cant take 5 minutes out of your day to replace it. Just make sure this party to please the clients is a huge success. Mostly because you need those donations to keep the place running. Whats the use of having the place running, if you are slowly but surely chasing away all your quality staff?? Just appreciate what you have is all I am saying....

so this party starts at 4:30. All the parents come pick up their kids early, the kids are so excited for a party, there are games, prizes, food, cake, what more can you ask for?? Not much unless you are the last kid that gets picked up for the party. Not much if you are that sad, dejected child that gets to watch the party through the fence, all the while waiting for your mom to come. Party ends at 6:30, mother walks in to pick him up at.....6:30. I have a longstanding history with said mother, so this party is just the tip of the iceberg. I curse the ground she walks on.....

Im tired now....what else is new. I need something good to renew my faith in people, because right now, I am dejected about the state of the world. There are no more manners, common sense, goodness, genuineness, all those things that make people happy. Just once, someone do something that isnt based upon selfish reasoning. Is that too much to ask?

Til next time......

2 comments:

The Boss of this page said...

oh man that makes my blood boil for that poor 6:30 baby. "wanna come live with me, 6:30 baby? i'll take good care of you, and i'll be the first to pick you up for the party." grrrr. i too curse the ground his mom walks on.

Unknown said...

Ugh. How stressful! :hugs: